Running calculations on Hydra requires submitting a job to the job queue. Hydra uses Moab for scheduling jobs, and TORQUE for managing resources.
See the VSC docs on running jobs for more info.
In Hydra, before a job goes into the queue, a submit filter checks the job script for missing options and errors. The following options are added if not specified by the user:
- send email when job aborts
- request 4 GB per core by default
- assign jobs requesting 1 node and more than 245 GB to the high-memory queue
- assign jobs requesting 1 or more GPUs to the GPU queue
The job submission will be aborted if the requested resources fulfill any of the following conditions:
- requested RAM memory per core is less than 1 GB
- requested RAM memory per node is more than total RAM memory
- requested number of cores per node is higher than total number of cores of the node
- requested number of cores is less than requested number of GPUs (must request at least 1 core per GPU)
- requested job queue does not match requested resources
- features do not exist, do not match requested resources, or are mutually incompatible